Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heart's Desires

We all have dreams and desires that we really want to accomplish. Well, here's my favorite scripture: Psalm 37:4 - "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Really wonderful to know that God wants to give me my dreams and desires. Delight yourself in the Lord, make Jesus your true happiness. I know too well how we always are happy becuz' this and this happens. You know, some people actually chase happiness, Christians do too. I used to think like this, once I'll get married, I'll be happy. But it's not true. Then when you get married, you can say, once I'll get children, I'll be happy. Then with a new house, then with a new car and so on and so on....

Why not say, I'm happy now? Because if you delight yourself in God, you truly are! I found out that I can actually be happy right here, right now, because I have my Jesus and he went all the way for me, to make me happy and to make YOU happy! Cuz' he loves us so much! So it's possible to be happy and not have all those things, it really is. I am happy, not because I have some cool things, and yet I have been blessed by my God. But that's because I love God and have chosen to gain my happiness in him. No matter circumstances, no matter what feelings I have today (that one's tough), no matter where I am or who I have around me, I can delight myself in my God.

But how then? Well, God loves you and wants to be your perfect father. That alone is enough; his love, proven by Jesus who died for you, is enough to make you happy. Then the rest will come and trust me, it will. The girl or boy he has for you, will come. Remember, God is almighty and you're his child, He does know what he's doing and what direction he's leading your life in. He has a plan for you and if you put all your happiness in him, no matter what, trust me, He'll pour out your desires for you AND He will bless you abundantly!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment