Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Standing and Leaning

It's important to have Christian friends; brothers and sisters who can support you. You can lean on them for a time and they'll help you and support you. But if you try to trust in them alone, you'll find out that their support is not enough and it cannot hold you. You'll fall.

The other day, I came upon this mast we have, nearby my neighborhood. God showed me some things through this mast. It has a foundation that it stands on. But it also has three supporting wires that are tightened each to a concrete block. This is so that it won't fall.

It's the same with us God's children. Without a foundation, we'll fall. We need Jesus to be our fundamental faith, our foundation, so that we can stand securely. Jesus himself said that a man who builds his house on the rock and not the sand, is wise and will be saved, when the storm comes. But we do need our brothers and sisters too! They are the supporting wires that hold us and when the wind is very strong, they provide good help. But if we only put our trust on them alone, we'll fall. Cause we all need a foundation; our own experienced fundamental faith in Jesus.

I was really astonished when I examined the mast. I mean, I knew this mast almost all my life and I knew about Jesus being my foundation, but I never thought about it like that. Jesus is our most important help; our siblings in spirit are our second-most important help. So stand on Jesus, but lean on them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment