Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Through the Storm

Most of you probably heard about it, but almost two months ago, my fiance and I broke up.
It's hard, and it's even more hard putting this down in the blog.

My Dad in Heaven has lifted me up, has encouraged in his Word.
John 14:27-28 "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives."

Since then I've often wondered "what now"? I don't doubt in Jesus, but I've doubted a thousand times in myself. Sometimes I've even thought that I was totally on the wrong track. But I know my God. I know the Lord is and will always be there for me, even when I mess up.

Psalms 55:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."
His words are true. Through his Word and his Spirit he's lifted me up and helped go through this hard season.

We've talked about it this months before we did it - I just never thought it'd be a reality. Whatever we thought, I know it's the right thing we did. It was hard, but it's right. Then you can question whether our whole 20 months of relationship were wrong . . .
And I've been so frustrated thinking about it. Here's what God says:
Isaiah 43:1-3a "But now, this is what the Lord says: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Go ahead and judge me - I would've if I was you, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, for those of you going through hard times: I feel ya'. I know I'm not exactly the right person to say all this, but God loves you.
If you won't listen to me, listen to his word.
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trust in You."

So what now? I'll continue walking with the Lord, loving Him and trusting in Him.

God bless you all. Forgive me for messing up, as I do so much.

3 comments:

  1. Keep your head up, Robert.
    God will lead you to the place he has for you in every area of your life. Trust in his plan for your life.
    Keep the Faith.

    Shelby Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something I learned a long time ago Rob, and it was that everything that happens, happens for our own good. Trust Him and everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete